I am calling all artists who would like to have a chance to get their work out to the public. I am holding a poster contest for my book Forgotten Heroes Tides of War. You are free to use any medium that you enjoy and are best at. Submission is as simple as drawing your picture, taking a photo of it and uploading it to my site. If you are interested in mailing the poster to me contact me on my Facebook page, which is where I am holding the completion… https://www.facebook.com/ForgottenHeroesTidesofWar and I will give you my address.
The theme Forgotten Heroes-Tides of War, draw what you think the cover should look like, or a portrait that best summarizes the book for you. Use whatever you are best at, colored pencils, black and white pencil shading, pastels, paint, and etc. I too will be competing in the competition to make a fair playing field, and when we will hold the vote on Sept. 1st, I will take the winning portrait and download it to a thumb drive if it is uploaded on Facebook, or if it is mailed to me I will take it to the printing store and print off several copies.
1) Get a chance to get your work out to the public.
2) A FREE and SIGNED copy of my book paid for and shipped by me along with a copy of your portrait. (unless I win, wha ha ha ha)
3) And every submission that I collect I will post onto the page in the photo slot and if it is ok with the artists hang them up in my den.
Rules and Guidelines,
1) Deadline, August 31st, 2012
2) The vote will be held on all accepting sites on Sept. 1st on Labor Day Weekend.
3) Sign your artwork and date it, like a professional, because that is what you are.
4) Upload the photo up on Facebook onto the Forgotten Heroes page, https://www.facebook.com/ForgottenHeroesTidesofWar and wait for the vote.
5) All photos will be loaded into an album on the page’s site and will be held to a vote, and the winner will be notified by myself where I can get an address to mail a free signed copy of my book, and a signed copy of your winning poster.